Friday, January 20, 2012

Let talk about EYELASH FERTILIZER!

“…Eyelash Enhancement Product…grow long, thick, and full eyelashes….”

Except... it:

  • May stain skin,     
  • discolor your eyes,   
  • cause your lashes to fall out,
  • cause blindness,
 AND, once you stop applying [the product], your lashes immediately go back their original state.

“Oh hell, yes; sign me up for that shit!”  Are you freakin’ kidding me? And there’s are more side effects, but you get the idea.

FACT:
As you age, your eyelashes tend to become thinner and a bit stiff. Most women then just pile on the mascara, leaving them with eyelashes that look more like spider legs. I know this because my daughter told me that one day. I looked in the mirror and damn, if it wasn’t true.

I’m just not the false eyelash type. I just wanted my lush, long, sexy eyelashes back! So, I went on a hunt for a safe, easy, effective answer.

I know that eyelashes are not really ‘hair’ like the hair on your head. They’re classified as more of a fur. Yep, just like on your puppy. But for our purpose, hair if close enough.

ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS: 
If I had dry, brittle hair, what would I do? Not to hard to conclude, I’d condition it. You could put some hair conditioner on your clean lashes while you’re in the shower, but when I tried this, it got in my eyes and burned like hell. So the search continued….

I tried several things. I remembered that my mother said that she’d used petroleum jelly on her eyelashes then brush them with a clean eyelash brush, when she was a teenager. I tried it only once. Yeah it goes on and brushes nicely, but washing it off so that mascara will stay on, was a bitch!

Something moisturizing, but lighter….  Then I found Shay Butter [not the heavy grease, but the cream [or something like it].  EUREKA!  

DISCLAIMER:
I do not have stock in Shay Butter or represent them in any way.
Every product, routine and scheme claims to be a miracle, but I swear on my Sabertooth kitty paw, that this works for me.

So, I put a light smear on my index finger and applied it in an upward motion on my upper eyelashes, then ‘brush 5 or 6 times’ with a clean, mascara brush from an empty mascara wand. These are very handy to keep around for many uses.

I tried upper and lower at once, and it tended to get in my eyes. Now I do uppers two night a week and lowers… a lot less; about twice a month. No one wants long lower lashes. Picture that; I mean, really, picture that! Creepy…!

In the morning, simply wash it off the same way you normally wash your face, and you’re ready for mascara.

Give it a try and report back here to your sisters!

Mwaaaa!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    high definition brows

    ReplyDelete