Monday, September 12, 2011

As a wise man once said: “SOMEDAY MEANS NEVER”

 Sabertooth: when you’ve outgrown and evolved past
the cougar stage and boy-toys.

Unless it’s something like “Someday I’ll retire”, you need to get moving.
What are we all waiting for? I’m not criticizing, I’m just wondering.
Funny as it seems [even to me], I’ve always wanted a thin, Maori-type tattoo in the form of an anklet. No butterfly thingy for me, but a simple, shades of black and grey… not something bodacious or trashy, but a sweet, sophisticated anklet…

Three things: I’ve always wanted one, but I’m still without the tat, and still justifying the desire. Goofy, huh?

So why haven’t I?  I don’t know, except I know it will hurt. But hell, I went through natural childbirth, with no drugs at all, and that was in a much more tender part than an ankle. LOL!

I’m really going to look in to it, and not ‘someday’.  I mean this week! I have to plan it so it will be healed before my next big ‘do’ [Californian for soiree].
Hey, I might have one… Okay, so I have to have it done before New Years Eve.  

Anyway… although I feel Nike has human rights violations, their ‘just do it’ is right on. Want that tat? Just do it! What else, what else…

Ah, when my husband and I were in Cancun, Mexico we took a booze cruise to the Isla Mujeres. Mujeres was a small island about seven miles off shore with a restaurant right on the bay and huge sea turtles you could swim with [deep sigh]. On the boat were two women in their late sixties wearing bikinis. Yep, bikinis, tons of local costume jewelry and deep tans.

Some of the people on the boat were very disapproving; clucking like comedy church ladies. Personally, I thought it was WONDERFUL. One young-ish woman suggested they might consider wearing something more ‘age appropriate’.
They both laughed, and said: “We never have to see you people again and frankly”… then she whispered, “I don’t give a shit what you think.”

I laughed my ass off! The young-ish woman gasped and shut up for the rest of the trip. These women drank, swam with the turtles, danced and had a wonderful time! I was amazed how free they were. Everyone should be so uninhibited!
I don’t mean reckless or rude. Twenty-something women wearing bikinis is no big deal, so what’s wrong with two women in the sixties wearing the same thing?
No, they didn’t look like models, but so what; neither do 70% of young women who wear them. 

Okay, so I’m finished ranting about that. Note of caution: If you’re over 60, you might not want to walk around your own neighborhood in a bikini… I’m just saying. Save it for your vacation!

[To be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment