Monday, August 15, 2011

RULE # 1: Men may come and go, but women are a Sisterhood.

So, anyway… I was in for a haircut the other day and my beautician (about 38) was laughing about her mother (59) wanting to dating and have sex!          

I asked, “Oh, then she’s still alive?”

“Well, yes…”
                     
“Then why wouldn’t she still want red-hot monkey sex?”  There was no reply – just slack-jawed surprise.
          
Men and women of all ages are grossed out by the though of their parents having sex. I for one, am grossed out at the thought of my KIDS having sex. Ewww!
Puppies and kittens…. Puppies and kittens….  Puppies and kittens….

Women have to stop treating other women as if they’re some kind of threat. Most likely, they’re not. And if they are, then put the blame squarely where it belong, on your husband, for whatever reason.

FACT: A woman cannot ‘steal’ a man away. He freakin’ goes willingly, but we generally blame the other woman. I’m not saying I approve of a woman (married or single), dating a married man, but they are not the one that made and broke the marriage vows, now are they...

Twitching tracks here… but my husband and I went to a new steak house the other night and a cute young woman came to the table with two small plates. She smiled and placed them in front of us. The she said slowly… “These are for you appetizers”.
I wanted to laugh, but I just nodded and smiled that I understood, instead.

However, when she asked if she could explain anything to us on the menu, I replied, “No, thanks; we’ve played restaurant before”. Okay, so sometimes I’m a smart-ass, but only when faced with condescension. 

So, what is condescension? Is it just me being sensitive? I don’t think so. My rule for judging condescension is, Would they say/ask that of someone in their twenties? If they answer is ‘YES’, then it not condescension, but if the answer is ‘of course not’, then it sure as hell, is.

Thought? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. From a personal point of view, red-hot monkey sex is not something that goes away after one hits her or his 40th birthday... or 50th or 60th, for that matter.


    You said: "Men and women of all ages are grossed out by the thought of their parents having sex." Did you ever ask yourself why?

    Not that I disagree, but it is a point to ponder...

    And I fully agree about your thoughts on condescension, and from what I've observed (and experienced), it's not a gender issue: it's an age issue. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete